The Brookfield Art Pavilion is a purpose built auditorium and workspace located on the upper level of the Showground.
It was designed and built in 1992 and during the past two decades has been used extensively for art classes and art and craft exhibitions, including the outstanding art and photography exhibits during the Brookfield Show.
It is also used for a variety of other activities such as celebratory functions and also the annual Show Ball.
It is accessible through the double gates, going outbound on Brookfield Road, just before the General Store buildings
What can the Art Pavilion be hired for?
Art and craft classes, exhibitions, celebratory functions such as wedding, or birthday anniversaries and any other appropriate activity deemed acceptable by the Trustees.
As with the Hall teenage and twenty first birthday parties, school formals and recovery parties are deemed unsuitable.
Note: Moggill Markets also use this area on the first and third Saturdays of each month. The Pavilion is extensively booked for ongoing art classes throughout the year.
Facilities at the Pavilion
The main auditorium is approximately 20 metre by 10 metres. It has a concrete floor and opens at both ends through large roller doors and also at the front through double doors, overlooked by a length of building verandah.
It is well lit with both natural light through skylights and through large halogen overhead lights.
The walls are designed for hanging art and have ample fixing points on secure cladding.
Adjoining the auditorium is a small kitchenette providing bench space, a sink, cupboard space and a refrigerator.
The Pavilion has ten trestle tables measuring 2.4 x 0.9 metres and 50 stackable plastic chairs.
There are no toilets on this level, but there are toilets available on the lower level behind the Hall which is 100 metres away.
There is ample on-site parking on the upper level which is accessed through the double gates on Brookfield Rd.
Hire Rates (all inclusive of GST)
Half day rate: $80
Full day rate: $150
Major events: $750 plus a $600 bond. for single day use
$1000 plus a $600 bond for 3 day use for set up and clean up.
Use of the Art Pavilion
As the Brookfield Art Pavilion is a community building used principally by art groups drawn from within the Brookfield district, it is important therefore that everyone gets on well with one another.
To that end the Trust has a fundamental requirement that the building is left in good condition after use. The best criterion is to leave it in as good a condition as you found it. Leaving all surfaces clean and free of art materials residue, placing any rubbish in the bins and leaving the kitchen clean are obvious courtesies to be observed. Ensuring that any washing of brushes at outside taps does not leave any mess is another, as is restacking any trestles and chairs after use.
Respect for these guidelines and for other users will ensure that no friction develops among growing number of groups using the Pavilion.
Guidelines for use of the Pavilion
- The building should be left in the condition in which it was found – clean, tidy and immediately useable.
- After use the building should be swept, rubbish placed in bins with liners and any spills cleaned up.
- The kitchen area must be not be used for anything other than food and beverage preparation and must be left in useable condition after hire. Art materials must not be prepared or cleaned in the kitchen area.
- All art materials must be removed from the pavilion after the hire. No storage of materials is permitted.
- Cleaning of brushes and containers must occur at the designated taps and tubs within the pavilion and also outside the building. Under no circumstances must the kitchen area be used for this purpose.
- All work trestles must be left clean and usable after the hire. It important that any paint residues are cleaned off and any sticky substances, pins or tapes are removed from the trestles
- All trestles and chairs must be put away after use and stacked carefully so as to be easily accessible to incoming users.
- Should there be a need to engage professional cleaners following unsatisfactory use the cost of this cleaning will be charged to the hirer causing the problem.
- Parking for use of pavilion must only be on the upper area around the pavilion with entry through the Brookfield Rd gate. Under no circumstances must users park on the lower levels or access the upper area via the narrow road by the Horticultural Pavilion.
- Toilets are available behind the Hall and it is asked that users respect that the facilities are part of a septic tank system and that nothing inappropriate is flushed into the system.
Should the hirer experience any problems whilst using the pavilion the contacts to obtain assistance should firstly be with the Caretaker Alan Haycraft on 33741491 and if unavailable Laurie Muller 33741841 & 0418788493 or Andy McGregor on 0413004627