The Brookfield Members’ Bar overlooks the beautiful oval at the Brookfield Showground. The current Members’ Bar was opened in November 2016, and is a common meeting location for locals at ‘Happy Hour’ which has been a local tradition occurring every Friday night since 1977.
For urgent inquiries, contact Josh Ruhle on 0449 991 956 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What the Members’ Bar can be hired for?
Social gatherings, meetings, memorial services and wakes, weddings and wedding receptions, fundraisers, birthday anniversaries and any other reasonable activity judged by the Trustees as being in keeping with community expectations.
What the Members’ Bar cannot be hired for?
Teenage and twenty first birthday parties, school formals and recovery parties or any other event deemed by the Trustees as unsuitable. All decisions as to hire, or otherwise, are at the discretion of the Members’ Bar Committee and the BRRT Trustees.
Cost of Hire
Day / Evening Event
- Building Hire – $500
- Bar Staff will be charged at $35 per staff member per hour (minimum shift length = 3 hours) An hour setup and pack up time will also be charged.
- Cleaning Fee of $220 (if deemed required).
- $600 Bond.
- The cost of a temporary Liquor Licence if event is held outside our normal licence hours. (Wednesday 6pm to 10pm, Friday and Saturday’s from 2pm to 11pm)
- Due to liquor licencing requirements, all alcohol must be purchased from the bar (i.e. No BYO’s). Prices are at the Members’ discounted rate. If you have a particular preference in relation to drinks, this can usually be arranged.
Please Note: Hirers must comply with our Restricted Liquor Permit, this includes noise levels, permitted areas for alcohol etc. A copy of the permit will be provided during the booking process.
Full payment of Building Hire and Bond is payable to secure the event date. Additional payments may be required prior to event depending on the size. The final payment is required at the end of the event, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Conditions of Hire
The Members’ Bar, its facilities and surrounds must be left clean, tidy and in the same condition in which it was found. Any cost of repair, or additional cleaning (above normal requirements) will be deducted from the bond.
The Hirer is responsible for the safe and proper conduct of any guests attending an event.
Any music, amplified or otherwise or live bands must finish by 10pm and the Bar must be vacated by 11pm.
Decoration of the Members’ Bar excludes the use of nails, pins, tape or any other instrument that may damage the fabric of the Bar. Plans for significant decoration of the Hall must be negotiated and approved by the Bar Committee prior to hire.
The overriding principle is the Bar must be respected as a valuable, community amenity and be left in the same condition in which it was found.
- Are we able to use the oval as part of our booking? A.The oval is outside the liquor permit area, and no alcohol or glass is allowed. Use of the oval can be allowed depending on other bookings at the showground (i.e. Cricket or Pony Club).
- Can we use the oval lights? A.Yes, be an additional fee maybe charged.