Applications are now open for the position of Bar Manager.
Applications should be submitted ( CV and cover letter address why you would be suitable for the role) to the Brookfield Members’ Bar Committee for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close on Friday 17 November at 5pm.
JOB TITLE: Bar Manager, Brookfield Show Society Inc
REPORTS TO: Brookfield Show Society Bar Committee / President of Brookfield Show Society.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS: Have or attain Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA)
REMUNERATION: Casual Employee
OBJECTIVES OF ROLE:
- Ensure Members’ Bar is a vibrant community orientated destination for the local community;
- Actively promote Members’ Bar events, and facilities for hire for private functions.
- Support relevant show society sub-committees in relation to bar requirements for major events on the Brookfield Showground;
- Ensure compliance with liquor licensing, house rules and governance arrangements set by the Brookfield Show Society;
- Effectively manage casual bar staff, to ensure a professional service standard is maintained.
- Meet financial targets set by Show Society Executive.
Bar Operations – Management
- Undertake stocktake of bar inventory monthly; & before & after major events (i.e. Show, Long Lunch, Bush Christmas, Australia Day).
- Arrange supplies for Members’ Bar ensuring best possible prices are acheived.
- Work with Vice-President (Compliance) to ensure Community Liquor Permit and Event Permits are current at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Community Liquor Permit (i.e. noise levels, trading hours).
- Liaise with Treasurer around floats required and ensure takings are reconciled and are appropriately secured after each event.
- Ensure Bar is secure and left in a tidy state at the end of each night / event.
- Provide Monthly Bar Report to Bar Committee for presentation at Show Society Meting
- Advertise events to maximize attendees;
- Post relevant articles on Facebook (both Show Society and Local Community Facebook pages);
- Prepare and send relevant e-newsletters and create posts on showground Website;
- Place A Frames around district to promote event;
- Mentor and manage casual employees to ensure a professional service is provided at all times.
- Arrange rostering of bar staff for events and manage staff hours during events to ensure
- Ensure Timesheets are signed off and provided to Treasurer for payment.
General Members’ Nights
- Ensure Members’ Bar is setup and open.
- Either Work the Bar, or arrange for Bar Staff to be rostered on.
Brooky Bite Nite & Burger Bar
- Arrange for Food Vendors to attend on designated nights ensure a good selection and variety is achieved.
- Advise Treasurer of Food Vans attending so invoices can be sent.
- Setup for Events (i.e. Tables & Chairs, Festoon lighting etc)
- Be on hand to allocate Food Vendor locations etc.
- Manage booking enquiries for private functions provided by the Booking Officer, Brookfield Recreation
- Ensure compliance with guidelines set by the Brookfield Recreation Reserve Trust (i.e. No 18th or 21st Birthday parties, no events if hall is booked for an event).
- Arrange staff as required.
- Arrange for cleaning of Members’ Bar post event.
- Liaise with organising committees around requirements for bar, i.e. stock, bar staff etc.